Newsletter - February 2021
Published: 11 January 2021
Covid19 Vaccination Programme
At the time of writing, the practice is currently working in collaboration with other practices in the local area to plan and roll out the Covid19 vaccination programme as quickly and effectively as possible.
Priority groups are currently being contacted by local hospitals and vaccinations are underway for those over 80 and living in care homes. As time progresses, we expect larger hubs to open in the local area hence increasing the capacity of vaccination appointments available.
We understand our patients are anxious, but ask you to be patient and wait to be contacted. We will make information available to you via the website and social media as soon as we know more. We are working as quickly as we possibly can and kindly request you do not contact the surgery about the vaccine.
Access to Coronavirus testing
There is very high demand for coronavirus tests and it is vital tests are prioritised for people with symptoms to help stop the spread of the virus.
- If you have coronavirus symptoms, you must get a test.
- If you don’t have symptoms, don’t get a test.
If you have symptoms and need to book a test, you can do this online or by ringing 119.
Please be aware that GP practices or A&E are not able to provide Coronavirus tests.
We all need to play our part to protect the NHS Test and Trace service for those who really need it.What to expect when you visit our practice
To ensure the safety of our staff and patients we have measures in place to minimise the risk from coronavirus.
All patients attending an appointment at the practice are asked to follow our safety guidelines:
- Please be on time for your appointment, if you are early please wait in your car or outside until your allocated appointment time
- If you are waiting outside, please ensure social distancing at all times (please wear suitable clothing for weather/bring an umbrella)
- Please wear a mask when inside the practice
- Once inside the practice, please follow signage and the one-way system in place
- Please use hand sanitiser stations and respect the social distancing at all times.
If you have any questions or concerns about attending your appointment, please contact the practice.Carers Meeting
Due to the pandemic, the carers' meetings are still currently postponed until further notice. They will be reinstated as soon as it is safe to do so. In the meantime, we would like to continue to support carers in our local community in any way possible. If you are a carer for someone and need advice and financial or emotional support, please contact Sue Lawson at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 01954 260230.