A14 Road Closures week commencing 6th April 2020
Published: 03 April 2020
PLEASE NOTE – ALL CLOSURES (UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE) WILL START AT 8PM UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Monday 6 to Wednesday 8 (three nights)
- A1 northbound Brampton Hut exit slip
Vehicles will be diverted north to Alconbury to then use A1 southbound and either continue or exit for access to Brampton Hut roundabout
- A1 northbound Brampton Hut entry slip
Vehicles will be diverted east along A141 and then north at Spittals roundabout to the spur road to re-join the A1 northbound at Alconbury
- A141 eastbound link between New Ellington Jct 21 and Brampton Hut roundabout
Vehicles will be diverted east on the A605 at Jct 13 then south on the A1(M) to the A605 to re-join the A14 at Jct 21
- B1050 Hattons Road between local road and Longstanton roundabout
Vehicles will be diverted via local road, Oakington, Cottenham, Rampton and Willingham
- M11 northbound Jct 13 to A14 westbound Bar Hill Jct 25
Vehicles will be diverted west onto A1303 to continue onto A428 westbound, B1040 northbound at Eltisley, A1198 northbound and either join the A14 at Jct 23 for through traffic or continue north to join A1307 for local traffic.
- A428 eastbound Madingley to A14 eastbound Fen Ditton Jct 34
Motorway traffic will travel south on the M11, east on A505 and north on A11 to re-join the A14. Non motorway traffic will be diverted on local roads through Cambridge.
- M11 Jct 14 exit slip
- A14 westbound between Six Mile Bottom Jct 36 and Girton Jct 31
Motorway traffic will travel south on the A11, west on the A505 and then north on the M11. Non motorway traffic will diverted on local roads through Cambridge
Monday 6 to Tuesday 7 (two nights)
- B1049 Bridge Road northbound at Histon Jct 32
Vehicles will be diverted via Kings Hedges Road, A10 to Milton Interchange, Butt Lane, Milton Road, Burgoynes Road and Impington Lane to access Histon & Impington.
- Brampton Road B1514 between station car park and Edison Bell Way
Vehicles on the Huntingdon town centre side will be diverted onto the ring road, Ermine Street B1044 to Spittals roundabout, A141 west to Brampton / Brampton Racecourse junction and into Brampton via B1514. Vehicles on the Brampton side of the closure will follow this diversion in reverse.
Wednesday 8 (one night)
- A14 eastbound Godmanchester/A1198 Jct 23 to Bar Hill Jct 2
Vehicles on the A14 will be diverted south on A1198 at Jct 23 and then east on A428 to re-join the A14. Please follow signs on A428 for access to M11. Vehicles on the A1307 will be diverted south on A1198 at Godmanchester and will pick up the same diversion listed above.
- A10 northbound and southbound between Milton Jct 33 gyratory and Butt Lane
Vehicles will be diverted via Kings Hedges Road, B1049 Bridge Road, Impington Lane, Burgoynes Road, Milton Road and Butt Lane
No closures over the Easter Bank Holiday. Works will recommence Tuesday 14 April.
For more information about this scheme, visit https://highwaysengland.co.uk/a14-cambridge-to-huntingdon-improvement-scheme-home/ , or stay updated by following us on https://twitter.com/a14c2h and https://en-gb.facebook.com/A14C2H/.