A14 Road Closures week commencing 24th February 2020
Published: 21 February 2020
Monday 24 to Friday 28 (five nights)
- A1 northbound Brampton Hut exit slip
Vehicles will be diverted north to Sawtry to then use A1 southbound and either continue or for access to Brampton Hut roundabout.
- A1 northbound Brampton Hut entry slip
Vehicles will be diverted east along A141 and then north at Spittals roundabout to the spur road to re-join the A1 northbound at Alconbury
- A1 northbound Alconbury exit slip
Vehicles will be diverted north to Sawtry to then use A1 southbound and access Alconbury
- A14 eastbound between Bar Hill Jct 25 and Dry Drayton Jct 30
Vehicles will be diverted along the local road between junctions 25 and 30 to re-join the A14 eastbound via the temporary slip road onto the A14 eastbound at Dry Drayton/Oakington.
- A14 Milton Jct 33 gyratory eastern side (between A14 eastbound entry slip and A14 westbound exit slip)\
Vehicles will be diverted east on A14 to Jct 34 and return on westbound carriageway
Monday 24 to Thursday 27 (four nights)
- M11 northbound Jct 13 to A14 westbound Bar Hill Jct 25
Vehicles will be diverted west onto A1303 to continue onto A428 westbound, A1198 northbound and either join the A14 at Jct 23 for through traffic or continue north to join A1307 for local traffic. The local road between Dry Drayton and Bar Hill will remain open
- A428 eastbound Madingley to A14 eastbound Milton Jct 33
Motorway traffic will travel south on the M11, east on A505 and north on A11 to re-join the A14. Non motorway traffic will be diverted on local roads through Cambridge.
- M11 Jct 14 exit slip
- A14 westbound between Six Mile Bottom Jct 36 and Girton Jct 31
Motorway traffic will travel south on the A11, west on the A505 and then north on the M11. Non motorway traffic will diverted on local roads through Cambridge
Monday 24 to Tuesday 25 (two nights)
- A1 southbound Brampton Hut exit slip
Vehicles will be diverted to exit the A1 at the A1307 spur, and then west on A141 to access Brampton Hut roundabout
- A14 westbound Swavesey Jct 24 to Godmanchester / A1198 Jct 23
Vehicles will be diverted west on A1307 and south on A1198 to re-join the A14. Vehicles wishing to later travel south on the A1 can continue south on A1198 and west on A428 to join the A1 at Wyboston
- B1049 northbound at Histon Jct 32 gyratory
Vehicles will be diverted via Kings Hedges Road, A10 to Milton Interchange, Butt Lane, Milton Road, Burgoynes Road and Impington Lane to access Histon & Impington
Wednesday 26 to Friday 28 (three nights)
- A1307 eastbound between St Ives and Swavesey
Vehicles will be diverted on to London Road, Harrison Way, A1123 and onto B1050 Hattons Road to join the A14 at Bar Hill Jct 25
- A10 northbound from Milton Jct 33 gyratory
Vehicles will be diverted along Kings Hedges Road, B1049 Bridge Road northbound, Impington Lane, Burgoynes Road, Milton Road and Butt Lane to re-join the A10
Friday 28 February 9pm to Monday 2 March 6am
- M11 northbound Jct 14 to A14 westbound Swavesey Jct 24
Vehicles will be diverted west onto A1303 to continue onto A428 westbound, A1198 northbound and either join the A14 at Jct 23 for through traffic or continue north to join A1307 for local traffic. The local road between Dry Drayton and Bar Hill will remain open.
Friday 28 9pm to Saturday 29 9pm
- A1307 Huntingdon Road exit slip from A14 eastbound
Vehicles will be diverted onto A14 eastbound, exit at Histon Jct 32 and use B1049 Cambridge Road into Cambridge
Saturday 29 February to Sunday 1 March (two nights)
- A14 eastbound Godmanchester/A1198 Jct 23 to Swavesey Jct 24
Vehicles will be diverted north on A1198 and then east on A1307 to re-join the A14 at Swavesey
- A14 eastbound Bar Hill Jct 25 to Girton Jct 31
Vehicles on the A14 will be diverted south on A1198 at Jct 23 and then east on A428 to re-join the A14. Please follow signs on A428 for access to M11. Vehicles on the A1307 will be diverted south on A1198 at Godmanchester and will pick up the same diversion listed above.
Saturday 29 (one night) 9pm – 8am
- Brampton Road B1514 between station car park and Edison Bell Way
Vehicles on the Huntingdon town centre side will be diverted onto the ring road, Ermine Street B1044 to Spittals roundabout, A141 west to Brampton / Brampton Racecourse junction and into Brampton via B1514. Vehicles on the Brampton side of the closure will follow this diversion in reverse.
For more information about this scheme, visit https://highwaysengland.co.uk/a14-cambridge-to-huntingdon-improvement-scheme-home/
, or stay updated by following us on https://twitter.com/a14c2h