A14 Closures week commencing 19th August 2019
Published: 19 August 2019
Full closuresMonday 19 to Thursday 22 (four nights)
Wednesday 21 to Thursday 22 (two nights)
- A1 northbound between Buckden and Brampton Hut
Vehicles will be diverted east on the A428, north on the A1198 and west on the A14 to re-join the A1 at Brampton Hut.
- A1 southbound between Alconbury and Buckden
Vehicles will be diverted south on the A14 link road, then east on the A14, south on the A1198 and west on the A428 to re-join the A1
- A14 eastbound between Ellington Jct 20 and Brampton Hut Jct 21
Vehicles will be diverted east on the A605 then south on the A1(M) to the A605 to re-join the A14 at Jct 21.
- A14 westbound Brampton Hut Jct 21 to Ellington Jct 20
Vehicles will be diverted north on the A1(M) then travel west on the A605 to re-join the A14 at Jct 13
- A14 eastbound Bar Hill Jct 29 between exit and entry slips
Vehicles will be diverted off the A14 at Jct 29 via the eastbound exit slip and will re-join via the entry slip
- A428 eastbound Madingley to A14 eastbound Milton Jct 33
Motorway traffic will travel south on the M11, east on A505 and north on A11 to re-join the A14. Non motorway traffic will be diverted on local roads through Cambridge.
- M11 Jct 14 exit slip
- A14 westbound between Six Mile Bottom Jct 36 and Girton Jct 31
Motorway traffic will travel south on the A11, west on the A505 and then north on the M11. Non motorway traffic will diverted on local roads through Cambridge
No closures over Bank Holiday weekend. Works will recommence on Tuesday 27th August.
- Hinchingbrooke Park loop
Vehicles will be diverted via B1514 Huntingdon Road
For more information about this scheme, visit https://highwaysengland.co.uk/a14-cambridge-to-huntingdon-improvement-scheme-home/ , or stay updated by following us on https://twitter.com/a14c2h and https://en-gb.facebook.com/A14C2H/.