Bar Hill Junction News
Published: 30 November 2018
We have had some news about the Bar Hill Junction and a change in traffic movements which is to be implemented on the morning of Sunday 9th December at around 6am. A14 Integrated Team has described the changes as follows:
- This will see the opening of a new westbound on slip.
- The new slip road will run off the road that takes traffic from Bar Hill over the bridge towards Longtstanton and the eastbound on slip road.
- It will then divert motorists in front of the old Lolworth services from where they filter onto the A14. (Please see attached plan)
- This will allow us to remove the current temporary slip road and to begin construction work in this area.
- The eastbound entry slip will be unaffected as will the westbound and eastbound exit slip roads.
- IMPORTANT: If motorists are travelling from Longstanton direction and wish to travel westbound. They will have to negotiate the island at Bar Hill and travel back towards the slip road. There is no right turn onto the slip road.